Thursday, December 21

S is for Surprises, Sun, Sand, Swimming, and Sex

( Edit at end of Post)

All four of those things will be had in various combinations and permutations because DW and I will be in sunny Florida for part of the Holidays. Here's how I mentioned it at work:

Me: "I got my wife a plane ticket as her Christmas present."

Smart-ass Co-worker: "Wow, that's nice of you. To where?"

Me: "Florida, to go see her folks and surprise them."

SaCw: "Really? So what will you be doing while she's gone?"

Me: "Um, I'm going with her."

SaCw: "Oh. Not much of a present then, huh?"

But seriously, ladies and germs....My poor DW has been somewhat worn to a frazzled remnant of her former self from the madness which is her workplace. This year has been a bit of a challenge for Christmas gifts between us because neither of us has any specific wants or needs. But she sent me a text message from work a little while back, telling me that if she could have it, she would love 3 consecutive days off, preferably somewhere warm. This little plan is brought to you by the fact that the Wondertwins are with their father for Christmas this year.

So off to the Scare Canada website I went, and - a few "Page Cannot be loaded" messages later, we had flights to visit her folks down at their winter place on the Gulf Coast. They are expecting to be all on their lonesome this year because the MiL's younger brother is ill and won't be able to travel down as originally planned. DW has confirmed that they will actually be at home when we arrive (although that might make for a really funny post later. Once we've actually started laughing about it, that is.)

In all honesty, I can use a little break myself. If nothing else, I can take 4 whole days off from school and work and basically put my brain on auto-pilot.

So there we have it....surprising her parents, sunny skies, sandy beaches, swimming in the nearby pool and much, much, much travel sex. Happy Holidays indeed!

******************************************************
S is also for Sacrifice. I can't say enough about the sacrifices DW makes for me and for our family. More often than not she deserves better than what she gets back, but its never unnoticed at this end. I couldn't imagine being without her. Not for a minute. I love you, baby...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

travel sex? what, you leaving the kids at home? I think you two would find a way to have hospital sex, or grocery store sex... Jeez...

Callie said...

Very sweet!

Have a ton of fun, and lots of sex.