Tuesday, September 26

I bear the mark!

Every once in a while life makes things interesting. In school we get the lesson and then take the test. But life prefers to give you a test and then teach you the lesson.

Case in point...

Last night was game 2 for my Ajax league. We were fresh off an 8-4 win last week but facing the league's comic relief team, The Pylons. They're a good bunch of guys with a great team spirit and in spite of the fact that they usually own the league basement we seem to have trouble with them.

The game actually went well and was pretty balanced and both of us goalies were keeping things interesting by frustrating the shooters. In the second period we were up 2-1 and I took a shot fairly high on my chest. Normally this isn't a problem but this time it really hurt. Sometimes that happens but the upper part of my sternum was really sore. I didn't think much of it and figured I'd have a pretty good mark where the puck had obviously hit me between two blocks of padding.

After the game I pulled off my chest protector and felt down inside my shirt. My hands made contact with my Celtic cross and it was BENT! I walked over to a nearby mirror to look at my chest and I had a lovely imprint of the Celtic cross outlined in red just slightly right of centre on my chest. Ouch...

Penny says its like I've been branded and I really should take a picture to show the mark, cuz its a good one.

So, kids, when you're playing a contact sport...take off the bling. Avoid the brand and the devil's mark.

(And for my next trick, ladies and germs, I'll be figuring out how to unbend my cross...coming up next!)

6 comments:

Penny said...

Actually, you know how in the movies when a demon or vampire or whatever gets a cross pressed onto them and it leaves a red burned outline in their devilish-flesh?

That's what it looks like.

Dirty Gypsy said...

Hee hee - did you offend the hockey gods somehow, Mossy??

I say just wear the sucker backwards and wait for another puck to the chest.

Or maybe not.

Did you guys win the game after that??

Frank said...

You know what they say. Pain Heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever.

Kal said...

That cross might've saved your life! You're like Teddy Roosevelt...

Larry said...

Everyone had something cool to say about this but me. Damn.

I like the Steph's idea.

something said...

October 20th - mark that date!
That is the day the leafs get schooled by the Jackets!!!!

Jackets Time!!! (jazz hands!)