Thursday, July 24

Is it possible to have an Urban Soaker?

According to the weather-guessers, we have set some sort of moisture record for this season.

In layman's parlance, the Toronto area has been summarily pissed upon. Over, and over, and over. Frankly, I didn't expect this kind of rain this side of Monsoon season in Indonesia. But I was quick to remind myself that I could have just as easily been spending my weekends in an open jeep on some kind of FTX (Field Training Exercise). As a sidebar, I knew a Reg Force Captain who loved to utter the phrase "it ain't trainin' if it ain't rainin'!". Of course HE got to spend the bulk of the weekend in the CP (command post) while we got to practice personal "pruning" and experiencing the early stages of trench foot.

...not that I'm bitter.

Anyway, I just wanted to rant about the weather, because getting into some long-winded beef about stuff like Mats Sundin's hockey future or the sad state of the Who Jays, or the shockingly large number of unsold ducats to the Buffalo Invasion would just be too easy.

5 comments:

Bat-Rider said...

All I can comment is this
- when you execute the plan of 17 weeks of basically your salary to stay home it makes the rain way easier to handle because it then gives you the schedule of what you do outside or inside.

So...for the guy sitting on the egg over here. I am doing a golden arches commercial

I am luv'n it

Larry said...

Rain was a very common occurance down here until about 3 weeks ago. You think you have problems. The shortcut I took to get to my bar was flooded. It took me an extra 7 minutes to get to my bar!

Look on the bright side. With your woodworking expertise, if it gets too bad you at least have the skills to build an ark. I've never been able to brew my own Miller Lite. :P

Outburst said...

I haven't really noticed. Mostly because I've been watching it from the inside of a plane of glass.

Callie said...

Look on the bright side - you could be like sunny California, where we're so starved for rain, water-rationing is in our near future.

Penny said...

Dude...Spiff... Honey...

You need to post.

(Actually, so do I).