Saturday, October 1

*Whew* What a day

DW and I have definitely had what you could call a full day.

We took The Girl to her choir practice this morning, and I did the drop-off at Choir while DW did the shopping at Sam's Club. We manage to find a replacement Home Theatre system after the whole Best Buy fiasco. We couldn't find the Pioneer system we wanted in a box (no more display units for us!) so we settled for a nice Samsung 5 CD/DVD unit with a reflective surround system. Works pretty nicely, particularly in the confines of the living room.

So, we raced home from Sam's and I took The Boy to his hockey practice. I was wearing some of my gear (pads & gloves) while working with the team's goalie and I definitely got a good workout.

Once we got home, we got some dinner ready and tossed it in the slow cooker then DW and I went to see one of her friends who was having an open house as part of an art studio tour run by the big Town gallery. I have to say that I am not only in awe of the woman's house, I am totally in "we're not worthy!" mode when I see the stuff that she does. DW is equally envious. We then trekked off to the grocery store to get some other essentials for the upcoming Thanksgiving pig-out being hosted chez nous.

We wanted to try and get away to dtrini's end of year BBQ, but we just couldn't get it pulled together in time. Trying to get this place ready and do all the myriad things needed this weekend just blew the timetable out of the water.

On a personal sawdust note, I managed to get more work done on the new legs for The Boy's hockey stand (drilled and screwed together) and I'll hope to get another coat of paint put on it - if not tonight - tomorrow. I'm trying to make it as "Maple Leafs" as possible for him.

Pictures to follow.

Well, its off to savour the rest of my Beck's and see what other help DW needs with household clean/sterilize.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. It's a balmy 26C here today.

3 comments:

Mossy Stone said...

A hockey stand something like a simple coat stand. It holds one's hockey equipment to air and dry after playing.

I took a new picture of it and I'll post it tonight if I can convince the camera to part with the picture.

Mossy Stone said...

...only if it isn't aired out regularly.

Penny said...

Doesn't matter how much you air hockey equipment out, it STILL smells like sweat and mold. Even after Mossy showers, I can "smell hockey" on his hands and hair.