Thursday, July 3

~ugh~

There's really nothing worse than the end of your vacation and trying to get back into the groove after you drag your hide back to the salt mines.

Don't get me wrong, I can be productive, and I am contributing (one of my colleagues even said "were you away???") but I always find it the equivalent of jogging through knee-deep water. Slow, messy, and awkward.

Just sayin'...

On other notes, I am excited at the start of the CFL season, and the hometown Boatmen might be able to go 2-0 if they smack the Pussy-Cats in the home opener at the Dome tonight.

I am baffled, however, at some of the NHL free agency moves. However, I am not surprised at the local media going bananas over Mats Sundin's non-decision with respect to his career. Every little indecision spawns 2-3 articles agonizing over it and performing some kind of navel-gazing analysis.

Gawd. You'd think this burg only had one team that mattered. Guys, he's likely not coming back. Get over it. Move on.

(I've missed my writing outlet. Glad school's over. For now. *8*)

7 comments:

Kal said...

Football? What's that? I seem to have repressed any memory of the sport of football after February 3rd...

Penny said...

Kal? Who's Kal?

You know, I think I *used* to know a Kal, but then he made his blog password protected and didn't invite me to read it...

Surely this can't be the same guy?

Penny said...

And THAT rant has nothing to do with pregnancy hormones.

Mossy Stone said...

Boy, did she ever tell YOU!

Larry said...

Try living in St. Louis where baseball, football, and those indoor knitting championships that everyone seems to love more than that one sport where people hit that thing...what color is it...around that slippery surface and run into each other...what is that sport called...oh yeah hockey. Anyway, where was I. Oh yeah, at least you guys have something to obsess aboot with your hockey team. The Blues dumped all there big contracts and are going to count on homegrown youth. We'll see how that works oot. There won't be a hockey article in the papers down here until hockey season is halfway over and one of players tries to contract a hit on their agent/father/lover/best friend/career-ruining-monster...just saying, if you want to rant about hockey...:P

Penny said...

I have to ask... is Larry saying aboot and oot because he wants to be Canadian, or because he's making fun of us?

Mossy Stone said...

Fate snubbed him by denying him Canadian birth, so this is the next best thing.