Saturday, July 8

Football Daze

Greetings from the second quarter of the Argos-Blue Bombers game!

Penny, the Wondertwins and I are here in the sun in Sect 109B enjoying a good East Division tilt.

As birthdays go (well, non-me birthdays, that is) its been pretty good so far. The kids and I ran out to the nearby mall to grab birthday gifts for their mother while she was working this morning. She managed to get off early enough that we wouldn't be completely scrambling for the train to get into town.

So the sun is shining. The family is here. The Argos are still winning

Life, I think, is pretty good.

(Edit: Argos managed to lose this one, unfortunately. 4 turnovers will do that to you...as will failure to cover Milt Stegall effectively)

5 comments:

Outburst said...

Ahh, and the signing of Ricky Williams continues to be a bust.
At least all had a good time. =)

Mossy Stone said...

Well, the karma gods are definitely enjoying the Argos as their current plaything. Between Damon Allen breaking his finger in Game 1 and every DB/DL keying on Ricky, the Argos aren't having a good time.

Having said that, Spergon Wynn showed some flashes of skill out there, but it really was the coaching decisions to gamble on 3rd downs which really did them in. You can't turn the ball over on downs 4 times and expect to win...especially when the first one was within field goal range.

Not that I'm bitter...

Larry said...

Damn, someone beat me to a, "great job signing Ricky." comment. Oh well, still glad to hear you guys had a good day.

Kal said...

Hey, I think I have some Spergon Wynn Football cards... Think they're worth anything in Canada?

No?

Damn.

Outburst said...

'bout as much as my Rocket Ismail rookie cards. ;)