Tuesday, July 4

The Lord of the Moss: The Return of the (Sawdust) King

Yes indeed, folks. I am back.

I decided to include a small blog vacation along with my work vacation to
help with the recharge of the brain.

What did I do? Well. I did, like...stuff. Mostly to do with the
generation of sawdust in the garage, but a few other domestic chores were
tackled as well. I did, much to my surprise, no plastering. I'm not sure
if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

However, here are some of the highlights. Casa Stone/Shagwell now has:

- A new Garage Door Opener (to replace the one which only opened when it
really felt like it)
- A new BBQ. Its huge. Totally Kick-ass. Has a side burner. Has a
store-away cover. (Insert Tim Allen-like bark/howl of manliness here)
- New Citronella lanterns. Bought months ago but finally installed.
- A new pegboard storage unit. Great overall design but I do have some
thoughts on how to make it better. Suffice it to say I need a little more
practice in making strong lap joints. (as evidenced when the front panel
came crashing down onto the garage floor.)
-A new (not-quite-finished) rolling work cart. Of course, I have to
dismantle the old, somewhat rickety one before it goes into place. I just
have to finish installing the top and building the drawers on the new
beastie.

Penny and I managed to slip away to the summer home of a long-time friend
of her family. We made a great day trip up to some of the
not-so-congested cottage country North-East of us. It really was a great
trip and the people were very welcoming. (thanks baby *g*)

And with that, I hit the "send" button and go off in search of lunch.
give me a few days to get caught up on everyone's blogs. I'm WAY behind
in my reading.

No comments: