Monday, July 10

Soccer Hating Rationale #659

I nearly snarfed my coffee when I read this little tidbit from the French coach after their loss to Italy.

"I don't know what Materazzi said to Zidane," France coach Raymond Domenech said. "But it's a shame. It's sad. He (Materazzi) did a lot of acting and for such a big man, a gust of wind made him fall over. It's regrettable."

Apparently "Zidane" means "Wind", in French.

...must be a synonym, or something.

Draw your own conclusions here.



I think the French Encyclopaedia will have to update the entry of "Zidane, Zinedane" to reflect a few cross-references, including: Bertuzzi, Todd; Myers, Brett; Ismail, Raghib...

1 comment:

Mossy Stone said...

I'm hoping you're being sarcastic. Pretty sure that if somebody drilled his chest into my sternum I'd be a little winded. Take a look at how he dropped. It was immediate and I can't see how he'd fake that.