Monday, July 17

Muggy Monday

Folks, its hot. Damn hot. REAL hot.

I could, conceivably, fry the proverbial egg on a downtown sidewalk. Damn hot all weekend, too. But that didn't matter. I spent the weekend with my nose in my textbooks...plugging away at my first assignment. *ugh*

To kick the weekend off, we had a little commuter chaos. Around 2:30 Friday afternoon, 6 cars from a freight train jumped the tracks near one of the GO stations in the west end of the city, effectively paralyzing commuter trains.

Now it wasn't all bad for the Stoney One. I had planned an slightly early beverage departure with a couple of colleagues, figuring that if we had to wait out a train stoppage, we might as well do so with something frosty in our hands. After a while we headed down to Union Station where the madness was in full swing. The display boards showed trains cancelled, trains delayed, crowded buses, and cell phone traffic so thick you could almost see it. I wasn't particularly worried...the kids were already at their Father's place...DW was working, and the Cat was probably sleeping. So I fired up the laptop, put on my headphones and listened to tunes while I waited.

I eventually caught the first Eastbound train which was announced (7:30, or so) and headed for home. Penny got lucky (well, that too) and was off work early and picked me up at the station when I got off (well, that too). Could have been far worse, I suppose.

While I really wanted to, I didn't generate a speck of sawdust this weekend. Too hot to work in the garage anyway.

(Yes, I know this is a totally lame-ass post. Deal with it.) ;-)

Technorati Tag:

No comments: