Thursday, August 24

On braces and beans and blogging

I was reminded by Kal that I've been a little quiet on the blog front recently and I suppose that's true. In my defence, I offer the fact that I was away for 2 weeks getting all edjimacated and that I've spent the bulk of this first week home reconnecting with my wife.

Colour me guilty. *g*

One of the ongoing assignments for school has been a reflective blog. I suppose that's what I do here - reflect - but the reflections are of a more personal nature. The school blog is also reflective, but more specifically reflecting on our learning experiences in the program and about learning in general. The blog assignment was somewhat experimental for the faculty and it wasn't without its problems, but it is worth 20% of my total grade. So, I blog.

A guy does need a place to have non-school thoughts published and vented, and this is the place.

There are a few random updates...

Penny is at the dentist this morning with The Boy, having his braces fitted. Most kids I grew up with dreaded the thought of becoming "metal mouth" for a long period of time, but he seems to be looking foward to it. I'm not sure why, though...

Penny was also cooking up a storm yesterday afternoon. She was prepping two massive pots of beans to be turned into Baked Beans (using her mother's recipe), she also did a huge batch of beef stew and she had prepped corn, chicken strips and chicken burgers for dinner. In response to my somewhat astonished gaze, She said, "I know, I know...I was nesting a little bit yesterday."

No complaints here, babe.

Other than that, work is work...school is school (final paper assignment due August 31) and life has returned to abnormal chez nous.

5 comments:

Callie said...

That's how she nests?

Lowk is going to be SO jealous of you.

I cook when I remember to. Sandwiches are very popular at our house . . .

Send over some of that beef stew, 'k??

:-D

Penny said...

I nest once a year, Callie.

If that.

Mossy's the chef. I'm just the official taster.

If you want a change from sandwiches, try cereal. It's the dinner of champions.

Larry said...

Don't forget, eggs taste good any time of day and are always easy to fix and clean up. And you can make them, oh so many different ways. Welcome back, Mr. Spiff.

duff said...

braces aren't that bad, though i'd practically kill to be able to eat pistachios.

HannoverFist said...

Braces used to mean having freight train rails across your mouth. It's a lot less invasive now - perhaps the stigma is fading.

You've been busy man. We all know how it is. I don't usually comment, but I read.