Monday, November 13

L is for Loss

The idea of "loss" has been much on my mind for the past several days.

So here we go.

Loss - what my Thursday team managed to do despite some unexpectedly
strong efforts on my part.

Loss - what my Argos managed to do on Sunday afternoon after fluking their
way to the East Final. A disappointing game from them on all fronts.
"Loss" will no doubt be felt by those who will not be returning to the
team next year.

Loss - what the Leafs managed NOT to do, despite losing Sundin and
Raycroft over the past couple of games. A 5-1 rout of Montreal was
clearly what the Team Therapist ordered.

Loss - Keenly felt on November 11th as Canada paused to remember those
killed, wounded or forever scarred by war. I can't help but notice that
my Legion's contingent in the town's parade was a little smaller this
year.

Loss - What my colleague 'L' is no doubt feeling after the loss of her
baby, just 11 days shy of her due date. She and her hubby had been trying
for 6 years to get pregnant and we were over the moon for her. We got the
sad news on Friday. Such cruel irony that many unworthies breed like
rabbits, yet this wonderful woman and her husband face yet another
staggering setback. Sometimes words are just not enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your teams, Moss, but really sorry to hear about your colleague. That's so sad.

Penny said...

It's amazing how your post just puts it all into perspective. "Loss" just can't describe what "L" is feeling. My heart breaks for her every time I think about it.