Wednesday, November 29

P is for Patriotism and a few other things

I admit it. I'm the closest thing to a flag-wavin' nut you're likely to see in this country. I get goosebumps listening to the Anthem, and I get a real swell of pride on Canada Day, watching the Snowbirds, and even on Remembrance Day. I dunno what it is, but I've got it. I love the flag, I love all the things this nation has accomplished and I appreciate the fact that its largely done without a lot of horn-tooting.

Of course, I can appreciate some good satire when I see it. These guys really top the list:



and



Gotta love it.

I suppose I'll even grand some grudging admiration to Weird Al and "Canadian Idiot"



But of course, "P" is really for Penny. My favourite Canadian Pervert (thanks, Kal. Btw, how's that ilicit sex video traffic doing?) I know I've raved on
ad infinitum about the awesomeness of my wife. And I'll continue to do so. So there. She rocks. and she's MINE. (Sorry Lowk, Kal, Larry, Dani, Callie, et al....)

And just for her, I'll leave you with this video from one of her favourite Canadians:



P.S. Ed, I haven't forgotten about the Meme tag. I promise I'll get to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was funny, eh.

We New Englanders love our Canadian brothers and sisters (well, the ones in Montreal, at least -- va va vavoom!) -- which is why we keep invading you.

Someday the Golden Indian of the Commonwealth will fly over the federal building in Ottawa, someday...