Friday, September 1

Best Time of the Year

(yes, my paper is done so now I can concentrate on more important things....at least until my next one is due)

My favourite sports weekend is this weekend. The Labour Day classics mark the run up to the playoffs for the CFL. I plan on spending Monday absolutely engrossed in the Calgary-Edmonton game, and then the Toronto-Hamilton game. Tonight is BC at Montreal (and although some experts are billing this as a potential Grey Cup preview, I don't think Montreal will get there. BC will definitely have its hands full with Calgary, if Henry Burris keeps playing well), although Saskatchewan looks like a dark horse.

Unfortunately, Monday also marks the start of my next course at Royal Roads. Apparently we don't worry about holidays when we do distance courses. ;-)

However, very little will get between me and football this Monday.

"It's the most wonderful time...of the year..."

On another note, I do plan to spend some time in the workshop this weekend, finally getting my workbench done. All that remains is the fitting and installation of the drawers and the final fitting of the top.

Then I get to dismantle the old one.

"Queequeg? Fetch me my pry bar!"

10 comments:

Mossy Stone said...

No danger of that, Ma. ;-)

Dtrini said...

Congratulations on what is no doubt, a job well done. Now on to the next task.

Penny said...

Hm.

I note that one rather important thing was left off the "to do/to spend time with to make up for my lack of time because of my assignment" list

That's okay. Honest.

That's why I have Larry and Kal.

*switching my googletalk setting to "available"*

Kristin said...

Go Stamps Go! Watch for me in McMahon is section Q :-)

Kal said...

Whoa.... Damn! I was off Friday and didn't notice Penny's come-hither comment.

Crap!

(Quickly folds laptop)

Nothing dear, I'm not doing anything...

Penny said...

Hmpf. See if I give you anymore "come hither" signals, Kal.

Oh Larrikins.......

HannoverFist said...

Finished paper! Awesome feeling.

Unknown said...

hzI was at the Grey Cup Parade in Edmonton... and kept cheering for the Alouettes. It was fun.

And maybe a little dangerous.

Mossy Stone said...

Kelly: Welcome!

That's not dangerous. Wearing Argos gear in Ivor Wynne on Labour day...That's dangerous.

Larry said...

I'M HERE! I'M HERE!