Monday, September 18

Muggy Monday

I swear the fall is supposed to be cooler, but with how I was sweating from the humidity today you would think it was the height of summer.

Even at home we're in this great personal comfort conundrum. Its too hot to be enjoyable in the house, yet the thermostat says it shouldn't be hot enough to require the A/C. Applying some logic to the situation, we know its not exactly a wise use of energy to be firing up the cooler air. So we try fans inside. They work. Unfortunately, that lovely air circulation doesn't extend itself to the GO train. I was regretting my choice of a dress shirt both on the way to work and on the way home.

Back in a moment....must tidy the kitty box

* * *

I'm back. Miss me? (I swear that cat is suffering from some internal necrosis...that was nasty!)

Sorry...TMI, I know.

I know for a fact that my evening is guaranteed some air conditioning, because hockey starts tonight. Hockey also starts on Thursday night. (I love playing 2 nights a week...) Unfortunately, both starts are late ones (1o:30) so I'll be a mite sluggish for my 9:30 meeting tomorrow, but I'm told this is what caffeine is really for.

I hope your evening finds you cooler than this one...

5 comments:

HannoverFist said...

It's warmer than norm here too. There was supposed to be rain on Sunday, but it was pretty nice. It's muggy today - rained this morning and warmed up again.

Dirty Gypsy said...

The weather here in St. Louis is actually fantastic. Finally.

I think the high tomorrow is only going to be around 65 degrees (Farenheit) or so. I love fall. :)

Kal said...

Muggyness has reached NE. Yuck. Blaugh. Give me cool crisp autumn nights perfect for football under the lights..

Larry said...

How is it so cool down here and so warm up there? I don't understand.

Congrats, on the two nights of hockey(and the first comeback win!). I actually have to stop playing in league games until November 1, for lack of insurance. Which works out nicely, since the league I was in is doubling our fee and my team is out.

Callie said...

10:30 START time?

Oh, you must be a joy in the mornings.

If I were Penny, I would not be a happy gal.

It's been gorgeous here. Mid 80's to low 90's, nice breeze, high clouds.

I love California.