Friday, September 19

When Mossy met Outburst

Through a series of strange little coincidences (no, I won't call it a Series of Unfortunate Events), I discovered that Outburst and I work for different parts of the same organziation. It's not really surprising that we didn't figure this out sooner given the size of the org., but it was still nice to make the connection. He was mulling over new work opportunities, and I offered to help. While that piece of things didn't come to pass, we decided to celebrate the breaking of the fourth (blog) wall when he was down in my neck of the woods.

It's always nice to confirm that bloggers are as affable and articulate in person as they are in their various entries, and he's certainly no exception. We enjoyed a rare afternoon (post-work) on a local patio and I got to introduce him to the joys of Keith's Red Amber ale.

Consider it a standing invitation, Outburst. :)

8 comments:

Outburst said...

Thanks mate. I try to avoid talking shop outside of the office myself, and although we both managed to grumble about working environs a little, it was still a good time.
I did have to slip into the mall to find a bathroom to relieve myself for like the fifth time that night, but I still managed to get home before the kid fell asleep.
All in all, it was a pretty cool day.

Larry said...

One of these days we will meet. And you will realize that I am nothing like my online persona. I'm actually smooth and confident and great looking and all of those other things that my blog personality is not. :)

Unknown said...

No comment.

Callie said...

You know . . . Amber Ale is one of my most favorites.

Just sayin, in case you ever extend the invitation to other bloggers.

;-)

Mossy Stone said...

Steph: I'm with you. So many responses, so little time.

Callie: If you ever get out of Arnie-land, you're welcome to visit. ;-)

Penny said...

Our door is always open..as long as you don't mind sleeping on the floor! ;)

I'm still for all of us meeting next summer in Halifax, Nova Scotia...home of Alexander Keith's Red and Indian Pale Ales!

I could definitely do that!

Larry said...

Oooooh, I love IPA's. They are so good.

Callie said...

Next summer, huh?

That would be nice. Don't know if we'll be able to do it, but it's nice to have a goal to work toward.