Saturday, June 17

I tell ya

Its an awesome time of year.

Not only is Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final on, but the CFL season kicked off last night, and the race is on to the 94th Grey Cup. This kind of sports nirvana doesn't come again until mid/late October as the CFL playoffs heat up and the NHL is kicking off.

The Argos played their season opener to a great crowd on a gorgeous day against the Ti-Cats. I honestly figured that the Argos would have their hands full with a rebuilt Tabby team. I was even more worried when the Argos lost Damon Allen on the first Offensive series. He got nailed with a late hit and I believe he broke a finger in his throwing hand. Back-up Spurgeon Wynn (yes, really) came in and on his very first pass, airs one out to Tony Miles for the TD. The mighty Ricky Williams rushed for just under 100 yards. Not a bad start for his first "for real" game in a new league.

So much for my skepticism.

The argos won 27-17. I don't mind missing that call in my pool. ;-)

Here it is, a sweltering Saturday and I'm flipping back and forth between the hockey game and the football game.

Its been a relatively quiet day. Penny is working all weekend. I watered the garden, did some laundry and the kids rented a movie to keep themselves occupied downstairs where the temperature is much, much cooler.

The kids and Penny have a very secret squirrel Fathers' Day project going on. I have no idea what it could be, but I'm sure it will be very interesting. All I know for sure is that it involves a couple of cans of spray paint and the glue gun.

I'm not sure what the plans are for tomorrow. I'd love to go to the Warplane Heritage out in Hamilton but its a bit of a drive and I honestly dunno if The Girl would get much out of it. The Zoo is a possibility. Its closer, at least and both kids like it.

Edmonton's up 1-0 on Carolina and Calgary's leading the Eskimos 7-0.

Gotta love this time of year....

1 comment:

Kal said...

Ah, my favorite sports time is early NFL season when the Red Sox are still playing...

Bliss.