Saturday, June 10

Sou'Wester Saturday

Its a damn good thing I'm nice and solid because the wind blowing today could take a small child away. Fortunately its sunny...so you could at least watch the little ankle biter flying off into the distance.

I was toying with the idea of a nice long ride today but I don't particularly relish the idea of having to pedal into the wind. Of course the wind would be blowing in my face both ways, because fate is like that.

The Boy is off to Buffalo for an overnight trip with his Corps and The Girl is at her grandmother's place for the night. DW is working until 9:30 so its just me and that darn cat for the day. Is it possible to teach a cat to play Scrabble?

DW was in a movie mood last night after paying some bills (Payday Friday often coincides with Movie Friday at our place) so she rented Casanova and Aeon Flux. We really enjoyed them both, particularly some of the comedic lunacy in Casanova. I knew it was only loosely based on the Casanova tale so I didn't object to the occasional departure from the story. The advantage of filming in a place like Venice is that it has remained largely unchanged over the last couple of centuries....except for the pollution levels, I suppose. Aeon Flux was definitely an interesting presentation of the original work...kind of a Logan's Run meets Gattaca sort of thing. However, spending a couple of hours watching Charlize Theron kicking ass and taking names is rarely a bad way to spend an evening.

So here we all sit, waiting until we drop off The Boy and DW anxiously waiting for me to finish pecking out this missive on the crackberry so she can read it. Over to you hunny. :)

4 comments:

duff said...

woo-hoo! i'm first! i'm first!

and i got so excited about being first that i forgot the deep and meaningful comment i was going to leave.

....but who cares? i'm first!

Kal said...

hey, I'm second. I don't even have a comment (other to say that Moss, you could come over and drink heavily until P gets home, but you're a bit far away for that)...

but I'm second

Penny said...

Ewwww I get thirds??

Bleh.

Erika said...

A blackberry of course Motherdear. I know because my husband has the same addiction. We should start a club Penny.