Saturday, October 28

E is for Eerie

Sometimes it takes my wife to point things out.

I had come home from hockey late Monday night (I'll just slip past the ol' procrastination issues here) and I had showered and DW was staring at my left side as I changed.

"Oh my god" she said. "What happened to you?"

I gave her an odd look.

She said, "Your chest protector has branded you. You've got a pentacle! No, seriously!"

Of course, I didn't believe her but I went to the bathroom to check it out in the mirror. She wasn't kidding. I had the faint outline of a pentacle on my rib cage.

You knew we had to take pictures to prove it, right?

Here ya go...here's proof that I bear the mark.














First the cross thing, now this? What's next?

6 comments:

Penny said...

The scary part is the cross frightened me more than the pentacle. Pentacles, I understand.

I think you should start trying some miraculous stuff. You know...lottery winning, new job at work, waking up and having our basement finished.

Maybe clearing morning traffic on the 401? Wait, no, not even God can do that. ;)

I love you, baby, regardless of which mark you bear.

Kristin said...

Are ya trying to tell us something, Mossy? ;-) Or are you just working on your hallowe'en costume?

Erika said...

Um. Yea. *As she backs away slowly*

Gila Pyke said...

I keep tellin' folks -- this kinda stuff ALWAYS happens late October during the "liminal" month. Had any weird deja vus lately?

That lottery idea o' Penny's is a good one!

Penny said...

Gila, hon, I just *knew* you'd understand.

We are, after all, both W.I.L.F.s, right? (If yer lost, ask Mossy to explain that one).

Tomorrow night is the one evening where the veil between worlds is the thinnest, after all!

Mossy - get some lottery tickets, baby!

Gila Pyke said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I bet I know what W.I.L.F is! But really, I'm more of a P.I.L.F, my closest friends are WCC clergy and all but I just don't fit so comfortably in the BTD mold... Use the same wheel and some of the same pantheon and all (and all of the same naughty behaviour at parties) but that "Wicca" title seems so constrained sometimes.

Hey lookit me, I'm an *alternative* religion nerd.

EIther way: Happy new year! May you make peace with your dead and may your sleepers awaken. :)