Wednesday, September 21

Caution: Blunt Talk ahead

I haven't been this tired since the end of my Sergeant's qualifying course.

I must be getting older, because I'm sure I used to be able to deal with more than this.

How the fuck can I feel this exhausted after 2 days of teaching? I used to be able to do more. Am I out of practice? Or maybe its because I so completely loathe the classroom delivery process that its taking an equal toll.

As I remarked to dtrini when we went for Sushi at lunch, I'd happily stick some other poor bastard with this task. Unfortunately, I'm the best qualified poor bastard to actually do the delivery, therefore, I get the onerous task.

Maybe I shouldn't bitch. Maybe I should accept the fact that this is one of the "be careful what you wish for" moments in my professional life. I did want a certain measure of control over design & development and I did relish the thought at having a department to create from scratch. So, I am doing what I want to be doing. I am also gainfully employed by an organization that has, for the most part, given me carte blanche to do what needs to be done. How many people can honestly say the same?

I'm still tired, though.

And I'll still bitch about it.

Why? Cuz I can. ;-)

DW is equally wiped. She's putting in a lot of hours across both jobs and the Wondertwins have been more than a handful lately, so that really wears on her. Unfortunately it seems like we're just in "grin & bear it" mode until the dust settles.

Tired? Me?

Fuck, yeah.

I think its just the drain of being "on" when I'm in front of the class that's really taking its toll, more than anything else. There's also a lot of adminstrative shit that needs to happen for this particular training gig (scheduling staff around existing commitments, getting course materials printed and collated, etc., etc.) Granted, its not like I'm chewing tinfoil every day, but there's got to be a better way to get all this stuff organized...to say nothing of giving me an avenue to maintain my sanity.

Between work for both me and DW, plus an incredible stack of kid commitments, its a wonder we're both not in adjoining padded suites, wearing straight jackets, and writing "Kill Clouseau!" using a marker held between our toes. (I bet you're having some great mental imagery with that one; right, sports fans?)

Hmmm....in other news, I started my hockey Monday night. We've got a great team this season and its really nice to have some guys from my team last year in this years' pool. (the league pools all of the players who sign up and they get "drafted" onto one of the 10 teams.) We played well and still managed to lose 3-2. I have no major complaints with my level of play (which is something of a miracle for those who are used to my crying jags about' how much canal water I sucked' after each loss.) My other league starts Thursday and I have the usual "new kid" jitters about joining an existing team as the new guy. If nothing else, I'm hoping that this team is in a more balanced division than the one I played in over the summer. Cuz that was just icky. One of the refs remarked to me during one particularly memorable pasting, that he hadn't seen so much rubber since he was sending alimony checks to his ex. I wasn't amused.

*sigh*

I think I'm just in babble mode now. I'll have to come up with another "Where's Steph" tale and then I think I'll call it a night. If I'm lucky, I'll get a few precious moments with DW before we both fall into the arms of Morpheus.

a la prochaine...

6 comments:

Penny said...

Hey buddy, I don't know who Morpheus is, but I sure as hell don't have time for a threesome tonight. Besides which, don't you have hockey? :oP


(hee hee hee)

Mossy Stone said...

I committed to the game because I knew you were so tired. ;-)

Penny said...

Unlike some, I'd forego pretty much any plans in order to have sex with you, honey. I'd even (gasp!) get into a cab and travel to wherever it was taking place. :P

Larry said...

HEHE.

Larry said...

Oh, I probably should have made a real comment. Sorry.

Anyhow, hope the thursday league works out like the monday one. And I hope everything settles down a bit for youtwo.

Mossy Stone said...

As long as I am on this earth I will never live that one down.