Thursday, September 15

Is it, or isn't it?

Maybe its blog malaise or maybe I'm just really freakin' busy. Sadly, the energy to blog hasn't been there lately. I must apologize to the 3 or 4 of you who visit regularly.

Work has been chewing me up lately and in order to avoid getting dooced, I won't rant about it. DW and dtrini tend to bear the brunt of the rants when I have the time and energy to do even that. Tragic, really.

However, there is life beyond work and I have a few tidbits to share.

My hockey starts up again on Monday night (Ajax league). I'm going to be playing with 2 of the guys from my wednesday night summer team plus (I think) a guy I played with last winter. The familiar faced will help for sure. I was really happy to find myself a spot on a team in the Whitby league on Thursdays. Considering how I thought I might not even have a spot anywhere for the winter, this is a bonus to have 2 nights going. I'm a little anxious about the new Whitby team, but its in a lower division which should mean I'm a bit more competitive. (Until I can convince Larry to commute here for hockey, I'll have to play this all by ear.)

DW started her new job today so I'm quite excited to hera how it went. There's a certain creepy irony that she's doing a similar kind of job to one I used to do when I finished College. At least I might be able to offer some help when she has questions.

I tackled another stained glass project this week: a small dragon suncatcher. I'm not thrilled with how it turned out at all. I know I should just shut up and get over myself, but I reserve the right to be my harshest critic. Its not bad, if I sit back and look at it objectively, but I know there's room for improvement. Maybe on my next lamp. *g*

Finally, and this may be a re-run, I started some official hockey certifications with the Ontario Minor Hockey Association. I'm volunteering again this season for The Boy's team but I'm getting some of the paperwork to go along with it. I won't be a coach, but I'll get my trainer certification. If I knew TB was playing longer I'd consider the coaching cert, but I don't see that happening.

In unrelated happenings, I finally made my Blog Jesus debut.

That's the news that is the news, gang. Keep those comments coming!

9 comments:

Stephen said...

is DW really a newfie?

Mossy Stone said...

She's newfie by heritage. Her parents are definitely newfie.

Kay Ray said...

what the heck is a newfie?

Mossy Stone said...

A 'Newfie' is someone from the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. We have a few of those quaint regional nicknames similar to "Okie", "Hoosier", "Yankee", depending on where you're from. The Newfie term is usually the most enduring. Newfies take their heritage very seriously. I'd say that their love of home is comparable to Texans.

Danikabur said...

New post! Yay! Sorry you are so busy.. hopefully you get some breathing time soon!

Blog Jesus rocks!

Penny said...

Mossy's right in everything except the fact that no good Newfie would EVER say that those from Labrador are Newfie. Ever. Not ever, ever. They're Labradorians and boy, can you tell. It's like they're from the Ozarks, but way way WAY up in the mountains, if you know what I mean.

Penny said...

And yes, FW, I consider myself a true Newfie. I can even put on the accent after a few pints.

Mossy Stone said...

well excuuuuuuuuse me for using the proper name for the province. :P

Penny said...

Hey! It's like saying "Americans and Canadians? Same thing."

I'd like to point out that the people who decided Newfoundland and Labrador are one province are bureaucratic morons (but I repeat myself).

OMG took way too long to type this. One too many (two too many?) margaritas. I gotta go lay down.