Thursday, September 29

Hockey Night in Whitby

Nobody was more surprised than me when we managed a 2-1 win tonight. It is a rare thing when I actually acknowledge any skill on my part, but I actually played a pretty solid game, but I had a lot of help from my team. Short-handed, they played some awesome defence in front of me.

Making the victory that much sweeter was that I was playing against an old co-worker from my current employer. He pulled a disappearing act that really screwed me and my boss over back in Nov. Needless to say that I was happy to not only get the win, but also to stone him on the one shot he bothered to take.

Came home, shared a bottle of Masi white with DW and I am enjoying a lovely buzz.

Maybe I'll have another Steph sighting tomorrow...

1 comment:

Mossy Stone said...

MD: The guy only took one shot at me and I stopped him. Stoning someone means that you put up a wall (presumably of stone) and the puck doesn't get through.

I wouldn't say we're in star territory yet, but I'm definitely on better teams than I was in the summer time.