Friday, May 13

"...and the adventure continues?"

Well, maybe not for a while.

After tonight, an 18 year TV icon will disappear from regular production. That icon is, of course, Star Trek. The Enterprise series ends its 4-season run tonight in a 2-hour finale.

I have some mixed feelings, but maybe it's time to give the franchise a rest. I'll be sad when the series is over, of course, but perhaps some time away will help. After all, when TOS was cancelled in the 60's, there were plans to bring it back sooner rather than later, but I think the arrival of TNG rode a nice wave of popularity after the first few movies had come out in the 80's.

Doesn't matter what happens, when you think about it. Gene Roddenberry created a fantastic vision for the future and it has become part of our popular culture.

I just have something else to add to my DVD collections Wish List. *grin*

1 comment:

Penny said...

I know what you mean, cricket. Enterprise (short of the penultimate season) was pretty much a bore.

Never turned my crank either.