Monday, May 30

I know how Jim Croce felt

I'm not sure how I've managed to avoid it all these years but I finally participated in a fund-raising car wash this weekend.

The Girl, as you no doubt remember, is in a youth choir and she will be heading to BC on a concert tour in June. Its an incredibly pricey proposition, so they've been busting their collective buns raising money to defray costs; mostly for the chaperones who are coming along. (Brave souls)

Yours truly was the master of the rinse hose for the event, since it was felt that if an adult was running it, that more water would actually end up on the cars than on the children. The whole event became a bit of a blur as Saturday afternoon wore on. We did have a pretty good system going, though. I'd hose off the car when it came in, the kid crew would madly attack the dirty with their soapy sponges, and then I'd rinse iff and the kid crew would come back and dry the car off.

As it turns out, we put nearly 50 cars through in the space of 2.5 hours.

Much beer was had afterwards. *grin*

2 comments:

Penny said...

Actually, dear, the total was far closer to 65 cars. We all worked hard, but you have to admit it was kind of fun.

Mossy Stone said...

yikes...65 cars? Holy Crap!

Actually, I was having fun hosing cars and occasionally hosing kids. I was working on perfecting my technique for hosing the cars down quickly. If I never need a job running an automotive airbrush, I'm good to go!