Tuesday, May 24

Tagged? Ah, shit...okay...

I've been tagged. Oh dear.

1. Total Number of Books You’ve Owned: I'm a voracious reader, so I'm well into the thousands. I have pushing 400 hardcovers alone in the current library. I also usually have a couple of books on the go at any given time. I have gotten rid of some hardcovers and paperbacks over the years, too. Conservative estimate? 2,000.

2. Last Book You Bought: Freefall, by Juduth and Garfield Reeves-Steevens.

3. Last Book You Read: Frankenstein: Book 1, by Dean Koontz and Kevin J. Anderson (I finished Freefall while I picked up Frankie from my DW. I am also reading Jack Absolute by C.C. Hunphreys.

4. Five books that mean a lot to you: Tough calls here, but I'm not sure I could honestly narrow it down to only 5. These are, in no particular order

  • The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams (RIP)
  • Shake Hands with the Devil, LGen (ret'd) Romeo Dallaire
  • The Road to Sarajevo, MGen (ret'd) Lewis McKenzie
  • Everything I Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten, Robert Fulghum
  • The First Man in Rome, Colleen McCullough

Now who do I tag? Hmm...Hmmm....Hmmm....can I get back to you?

2 comments:

Mossy Stone said...

There are times when I can get right into his stuff, and other times when it just doesn't reach me and I need to get away from the genre for a while.

Penny said...

The thing that bothers me, if I may say so, about Dean's writing is that, while, yes, it's good, the man has this thing, this obsession with commas and very long winded sentences that are, invariably, filled with phrases that could, really, be sentences all on their own.