Friday, May 27

What a day!

My boss came to me a couple of weeks ago, with a vague mention of some conference that has to do with some of our IT Best Practices. He said he was trying to see if he could send a couple of people - me and one of our senior Business Analysts. This conference is in San Francisco in August.

To be honest, I didn't think much of it at the time.

So, boss comes by today and said that he got the okay, so I'm off to San Fran for 5 days in late August!!

And then....just because my day wasn't already full of such joy...I got an email that had me literally shouting for joy.

In late April, I put a submission forth to present a brief at another conference on e-learning. I got wind of the conference from a colleague and when I asked my boss, he said, "if you present at the conference, you can go." So I put my proposal in, not really expecting to get selected.

I got the email today that the reviewers accepted my proposal and so now I'm off to Vancouver BC for a week in October!

Happy days!

3 comments:

Penny said...

Hmmm not only does this fail to express the joy you felt at both of these conferences, but you forgot to mention that I'm coming with you to both!!!!!!

Dtrini said...

hmmmm, since I am currently in the well loved column, I am going to bite my lip and leave this one alone.... this time. :)

Penny said...

You are a very smart man. :P