Tuesday, April 25

Assorted stuff

Thanks to dtrini, I've been having another DVD marathon, this time, it's all 5 seasons of Babylon 5.

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this show when it was on. DW isn't a fan by any means, but The Boy and I spend a good part of Sunday watching Season 2. (The series ended long before he would have been old enough to enjoy it, but he's quite liking it now.) I really have to give Straczynski credit for weaving some very intricate plot lines and showing a far less idealistic view of the future than Roddenberry did with Star Trek. (note: not that I don't enjoy and appreciate ST. I do, but for different reasons.)

Is it wrong of me to enjoy the DVDs on the commuter train to & from work? :P

In other happenings, I have the first rehearsal for the gig my old man roped me into, tonight. DW and I were kinda scrambling over the last few days because we had a slight scheduling crunch with the Wondertwins and drop-offs and her work, but things have sorted themselves out nicely (of course, this was after we made contingency plans...cause fate's like that.) With the rehearsal coming up, I worked some more of the corrosion off my playing and broke in the ol' practice pad. I honestly don't know how much "cramming" one can do with this sort of thing, but I'm doing my best.

I think thats it...for now. :)

1 comment:

Penny said...

"I worked some more of the corrosion off my playing and broke in the ol' practice pad"...

At first read, I thought that said, "I worked some more of the corrosion off my plaything and broke the ol' practice pad"...

Good thing I read it twice. You were about to get into trouble for (a) calling me a practice pad and (b) insinuating that we hadn't been fooling around enough and you were, ahem, "rusty".

Love you, baby