Tuesday, April 18

Getting stuff done....including one another

Sometimes I do love where I work for purely superficial reasons. My recent raise and bonus notwithstanding, I've had my favourite work shift: Easter. A 4-day week, followed by a 4-day weekend, culminating in another 4-day week.

A guy could get used to this sort of treatment.

This weekend, Penny and I were kid-less (with the exception of the family dinner on Sunday) and that often leaves us time to do domestic things uninterrupted.

In our case for this weekend, that meant the "honey-do" list. And sex.

Lots of it.

Did I mention there was a lot of sex?

Okay, just checking.

For those of you who have not yet clicked away in disgust seeking more "PG" fare, it wasn't all about 'making the beast with two backs', we did all sorts of non-sex things. But now that I think about it, perhaps these tasks were just euphemisms for something more base and animalistic. I leave it to you, the remaining reader, to decipher the tasks from the fun.

As with many weekends it began with a little of the old in & out but that sort of routine rarely cuts the mustard. Of course, we had to do the chores like feeding the kitty and while we didn't need to clean the chimney out, the garage was another matter entirely. I have to say that after all that garage work and the astonishing amount of cardboard requiring recycling, I was ready to lie feet up.

Our plans for mass garbage disposal on Saturday came to naught when we discovered that the local recycling centre was closed for the whole weekend. We were both ready to plow someone at that point. The Mighty Intrepid still has a trunk full of trash (fortunately, not the stinky kind.) However, we took a trip up the highway on a whim and wound up in one of the local 'burbs with a "quaint" downtown. We found ourselves the proud owners of two neat-o candle holders cast like mythical tree spirit heads whose green glass eyes glow when the candle is lit and inserted.

Sunday was the dinner and we held off on the requests to pass the gravy. Family joys are such that Penny was ready to put the boots to anyone, and not in the good way. We did indulge ourselves by throwing a log or two on the fire later that night.

As Monday arrived and the weekend wound down we found ourselves with a few little jobs remaining, mostly having to do with Penny's frustration over the garden hose resulting in my rather slick installation of a new reel. Penny was also finally ready to accept Spring's arrival and wanted to give the windows a good hosing. After a trip to the local Canadian Tire, we thought we had the best solution tool for the task, but as good as the Mr. Clean Car Wash kit is for cars, it's not so good on windows above the first floor.

Thus you now find us sated and somewhat knackered, but as we have always said, all's well when ends meet.

(wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

5 comments:

Callie said...

Woo hoo! Sex and chores - always counts for a good weekend. ;-)

Mossy Stone said...

I knew that would get your attention. ;-)

Penny said...

I could skip the chores and still call it a good weekend.

Mossy Stone said...

No arguments there, honey. We might still be as sore, but for far better reasons.

Kal said...

I really need another cup of coffee before I am able to fully comprehend all the double entrendres in that post.

But if I got my count right... well... DAMN!