Friday, March 24

Friday, faltering

I managed to make it into work today.

No stupid, if you write it like that, it sounds like you're El Cid, propped up on your horse in the middle of your final battle...

I decided to go to work today.

No, stupid, then it sounds like you deigned to grace your employer with your presence...

*drums fingers on desk*

Well, however it happened, I'm at work. I'm feeling better than I was earlier in the week, but still not 100%. DW was apparently right about me having a stomach bug of some kind because my symptoms are looking that way. I decided to forego hockey last night because I simply didn't feel I'd be up to it (a rare admission for me where hockey is concerned.)

On the good news front, my admission package for Royal Roads is going in the mail in about half an hour. Then, as I mentioned to Kal in a recent exchange, "I get to spend the next 6 weeks tossing chickens into the volcano in an attempt to appease the gods." Needless to say, we're pulling for one another on the Grad School front.

Also in Good News is the fact that my brother-in-law and I will have the chance to replace the oil pan on the Mighty Intrepid on Sunday. I might even take pictures, just for laffs. The timing is really good because, well, I was due for an oil change anyway, and Penny and I have a trip to make Mon-Tues and I'll feel better about driving with the pan replaced. The Wondertwins are also off for a 3-day school trip on Monday....everything comes together at just the right time. *grin*

On the more distressing front is the fact that The Maple Loafs most likely played themselves out of the Playoffs last night with an ugly 5-1 loss to Montreal. The Habs were a critical rival in the race this year and the Buds had to win both parts of the 2-game series last night and Saturday to really make a run for it. Ah well, maybe next year.

Also sad is the current state of the CFL, in the guise of the Ottawa "Don't-Call-Them-Rough-Riders" Renegades. The League is scrambling to find new owners since the Glieberguys redux seems to have generated more of the same fan apathy that they had the last time they owned a sports franchise in Ottawa, to say nothing of their efforts in Shreveport. For the League's sake, I hope they sort this shit out in Ottawa soonest.

On that note, I trust all of you are having a good Friday.

let the comment flood begin!!

1 comment:

Mossy Stone said...

Some flood o'comments.