Monday, March 13

Writer's Brick

I hate this...

I'm trying to finish drafting my "Personal Statement" for my Royal Roads application and it's going absolutely, positively nowhere.

It's a deceptively simple task, they say.

Your personal statement should consist of a one or two page letter indicating your motivation for seeking entrance to the program. Your statement should comment upon your personal and career goals, the expectations you have for the program in relation to the achievement of your goals, and the strengths you feel you can bring to the program.

Simple? Bullshit.

For some reason I am having a lot of difficulty trying to articulate how this program works for me.

Apparently "cuz, I really, really want it" won't suffice as a response.

*sigh*

5 comments:

Penny said...

I'm here and would love to help, hon. Maybe we can work on it tomorrow night when the wondertwins are away and I'm probably awake?

Anonymous said...

i hate stuff like that too...thing is, you can stretch "cuz i really really want it" to two pages, just think about why you really really want it...but you've already gotten better suggestions, so i guess this was just me dragging out the pompoms and shouting "goooo mossy!!" :D

Callie said...

I'm dragging out my pompoms with cricket - cuz I have nuthin.

Penny said...

I know the types of verbs Mossy likes. They won't do well in a university application unless it's a horny female reading it.

Hey, can Kal just email Mossy his application personal essay thing and we can copy??

:oP

Dtrini said...

My excuse is that I was away and I am getting caught up in typical blog fashion; in reverse. What is this for exactly and why do you want it so much for? What will it do for you?