Monday, March 6

Kind of a good news/bad news blog

I'm definitely in a mood today. Actually, I've been in one since Friday. Fortunately, I was smart enough to put it on ice for the bulk of the weekend. It's work-related and I'm not bringing that stuff here.

'nuff said.

Sleep was rather elusive last night. I blame that partly on the tea I had around 7:30 as well as the "ohmigodidontwanttogotoworkanddealwithallthatbullshit" chant running through my head. I cannot blame, however, the cat. I discovered that "Shadow" is apparently from the ancient Sanskrit appellation "she who turns humans into mattresses". Le Chat has been sleeping with Penny and I more and more often. Pretty interesting change for an animal I've had for almost 10yrs. She even followed me downstairs when I slipped out of bed to read. Very challenging to read a book when the 9lb fuzzy, purring lump has her head parked right in front of your chin.

(Side note: I picked up Rich Man, Poor Man and Beggar Man, Thief from the little book trading cart at Penny's parents condo. While sometimes a little dark and depressing, the first book is quite a good read. Very reminiscent of Jeffrey Archer, Pat Conroy and remarkably like Erich Segal.)

We didn't get to the Home Workshop show this weekend. Probably a good thing, in the long run.

We have both wrestled with the state of our front door and its mind-boggling weather-stripping problems. So far, clear duct tape is working nicely, but it makes actualy entry/exit somewhat problematic. The real solution to the whole warped door frame issue is simple: get a new door installed. If that didn't mean a huge outlay of cash, we'd be on it like....like....um...well...insert appropriate metaphor here.

I saw my brother-in-law this weekend for a little maintenance reality check on the Mighty Intrepid. The right front tie rod end definitely needs to be replaced. The good news is that a) the left one does not, and b) the part was cheap to purchase. Now all we need is a relatively mild day so I can get over to his place and get it done. My oil pan, however, definitely needs replacing so I'll have to bite that bullet sooner rather than later. My tires are not as bad as I thought which is a $500.00 load off my shoulders.

So far I think that's it.

Hockey tonight at 10 PM (ick) and we put our 3-0 record on the line.

No comments: