Friday, March 10

Friday Follies

Penny is home with the Wondertwins today, because they apparently get a PA day to begin their March break.

Who knew?

I, on the other hand, elected to head to work to a very, very quiet office to make some feeble attempts to get some work done. I'm having yet another one of those "I've-got-stuff-to-do-but-dunno-where-to-start" days.

Hate that.

The hockey crew from 'Steve's Painting' did not exactly cover themselves in playoff glory last night. (This loss is balancing my hockey karma to ensure that my 4-0-0 streak on Mondays doesn't go to my head.) We lost 3-1 to fall to 0-1-1. I spent much of the post-game time looking for the moral victories. I know we played better against them than we did last time (as I recall, we got a real drubbing) and I felt I played pretty well. DW and The Boy actually came to watch, although I'm sure he's convinced that he's bad luck; every time he comes to see me play my team has lost or someone gets hurt, or some combination thereof.

The Mighty Intrepid has had its tie rod end replaced and all is well with the steering. I do need to tackle that oil pan at some point...sooner rather than later. Fortunately, I found a Mopar parts place close to our nearest Sam's Club and I might see what kind of price they want for an oil pan. Regretfully that will be a messy job, but I'd still rather tackle it myself than to cough up a fiscal kidney for a mechanic. However, I'll really need to get off my ass and check my spark plugs and my air filter. Gotta do something about my rapidly decreasing mileage performance.

*sigh* Still crummy looking weather out there. Its 10°C today and I'm hoping for the 12°C we've been promised for the weekend so I can get the kids' bikes down for them. They'll definitely need adjustments for height and all (to say nothing of air in the tires.)

Have I babbled enough? Have I? Huh? huh?

3 comments:

Penny said...

No, you haven't babbled enough. Come home and babble in my ear.

Gila Pyke said...

You were NOT in the office today. There was NO ONE in the office today. I made the rounds twice, desperate for SOME human contact, and all the desks were bereft of any sign of life...

Mossy Stone said...

I *was* indeed there ALL day...