Friday, October 7

Friday's Feckless Meanderings: Tired and sick, not necessarily sick and tired

Ya know, I used to be able to shake off colds & flu and other associated ailments and keep working, but as I get older I'm discovering that they take more and more out of me.

I'm actually in at the office today because I was supposed to have a teaching assignment at one of our other locations, however, an urgent training issue arose for another project, so I bounced myself out of the timeslot. Unfortunately, this messed up my schedule a bit. Even though I'm still feeling under the weather, I didn't really have a viable excuse to stay home, so, in I went. Of course, since this is the Friday before a long weekend (Thanksgiving, up here), the office is a veritable morgue.

In other news, my team managed a 5-2 come-from-behind win last night in an ungodly 11:30PM game. We were down 2-0 at the end of the first, 2-1 at the end of the second, then pounded home 4 goals in the 3rd. I'm definitely loving this new team...

I was going to audioblog last night, but I just never really got to it. I know you're all just 'breathlessly' waiting to hear what I sound like, too. (I even managed to type that entire sentence before I started laughing)

On the home front, Thanksgiving weekend approaches with all the resultant madness Chez Stone/Shagwell. DW is working today (7-12), part of Saturday and a big chunk of Sunday. Yours truly is on a course all day Saturday, followed by an evening hockey practice for The Boy. This leaves us precious little time to commit a serious neatness on the house. I'll do what I can for DW on Sunday, but with an ever-expanding guest list, we'll need to have the house in good shape. I'm trying to find a portable wormhole into which we can drop things to keep them out of the way, but with my knowledge of spatial physics and gravitational anomalies being somewhat on the sketchy side, I think I'm pretty much screwed on that count.

I'm about 2 weeks from my trip to Vancouver for my e-learning conference. DW and I are definitely looking forward to the break. I haven't been to Vancouver in 6 yrs and I'm really excited about getting back. I'm hoping that DW and I can do a little sightseeing while we're there. I'm also hoping to see one of my favourite aunts while we're there.

I think that's all for now.

3 comments:

Danikabur said...

I was waiting for that Audio blog!!! *shakes fist at Mossy*

Mossy Stone said...

Yeah I know....I'll try to do it when I sound less like a fog horn, or a trombone with emphysema.

Danikabur said...

:D but you give me what I want anyway. Just bits and pieces but I enjoyed hearing you!!!