Wednesday, October 5

Murphy is a real prick

It never happens at a good time.

I'm getting sick.

If it was something like a stomach flu, I wouldn't really mind. However, this is forecasting all the symptoms of a very sore throat, congestion, and other skull-based ailments.

This bites.

Why?

Because I don't have to use my gut to teach, but I do need my throat and my sinuses. Teaching will, unfortunately, exacerbate the problem. Since I am the only guy handling the delivery for the process improvement stuff at work, I don't have a qualified backup and I get the make the joyous decision on whether or not I keep going. I have to say that this is one of the reasons why I don't miss teaching regularly. Talking all day left me open to all sorts of throat infections and, way back when, I usually had to teach through it unless I was near death. (I remember well one Exchange Server class where I was sufficiently ill that even the students asked my employer why I wasn't replaced.)

Murphy? You're a real bastard with a nasty sense of timing.

If I'm lucky, this will pass quickly and I'll be healthy enough for the Vancouver trip with DW.

No comments: