Wednesday, October 12

Hump Day Babblings

It was definitely one of the longer days that The Stoney one had down at the quarry. Mr. Slate was at his best today, doing his best to drag down my morale. I regret that he succeeded.

I'll do my best to avoid getting dooced, but when one's boss is noting the downward effect of the staff meeting on all employees, you know it was a bad one.

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel (its my blog and I'll mix and massacre the metaphors if I wanna). I get to spend tomorrow with DW and we are absolutely kidless. I am working from home and DW hasn't been slated to work, and you have *no* idea how much we are looking forward to it. We haven't had a real weekday to ourselves in biff-knows-how-long and its long overdue. We both need some recharge time and some "us" time. It seems like we've been go-go-go for the last little while and life is just getting in the way.

Personally, I feel a little drained today. I feel like work has me running on autopilot and I can't find the off switch. I miss some of the relative sanity that came with some of my jobs, even t:ough I really love what I'm doing now...I guess the bullshit quotient is a little high.

Just for fun, my old friend, excema, is making a comeback. I've had this since I was a teen and my doctor figured I'd grow out of it at some point. Big E is usually a stress indicator although its spread is a lot less extensive than it used to be, and at least its confined to my hands. The Boy gets it on his legs and I know I'd be driven right fucken squirrely if I had it there. Weird thing: it always starts on the inside of my left ring finger, on the side facing my gesturing/driving digit. Don't ask me why, but that's always where it starts.

Okay, enough bodily affliction woes. There's a good day to look forward to tomorow. Keep smilin'!!

1 comment:

Dirty Gypsy said...

I was going to tell you to have a great day with your wife, but I already know you will. Hopefully this'll be enough to get you guys over the next, uh, hump.

Heh. :)

And I hope you're both feeling better!