Friday, February 24

Friday's....whatever

I thought about posting a lengthy lament about the Men's elimination from the hockey rounds in Turin, but I think Bob McKenzie at TSN put it best: "you can beef all you want about who should have been there and who shouldn't have been there, but the fact is, the guys who were there needed to get the job done and they didn't."

So...now we have something to shoot for in 2010. Hopefully we can avoid the ignominy of being the only nation to host Olympic games and NOT win a single gold. (none in 1976 and none in 1988)

Had the final regular game in the Whitby league last night. DW and The Girl actually stopped by to watch because it was at a reasonable time for a change. We put on a good show, but wound up on the bad side of a 5-4 loss. This was the same team we played against during the infamous 'finger incident'. A better effort from us to be sure, but a few bounces just didn't go our way. Playoffs start next week.

That's about all for the moment. Penny and I have the usual domestic madness this weekend to look forward to. Our collective "honey, do" list was agetting a tad lengthy so we'll try to give it a trim. Fortunately, Saturday night is a little get-together with Big Guy (from work) and his wife and the wonderful Irish pub near the multi-plex. Normally we'd go for the gusto, but since both Penny and I are trying to 'cast smaller shadows', we'll have to approach the menu choices with a little restraint. I am happy to note, however, that we're both down about 7lbs each in the last 2 weeks. About 15 to go for me...

4 comments:

Penny said...

23 more for me...

*Sigh*

No one...I repeat... NO ONE is allowed to order Potato Nachos.

k?

Callie said...

Mmmmmm . . . potato nachos. Sounds yummy.

Congrats on losing the weight! Sadly, I think you sent it all my way. *sigh* I refuse to get on a scale unless ordered to by a doctor. They're EVIL!!!

Penny said...

Yes, yes they are. Awful hideous nasty scaleses... we hates them, don't we, my precioussssssssssss.


OMG I think I just channeled Motherdear. :oP

Mossy Stone said...

Well, well, well....fucking comment spam. Through WV, no less.