Tuesday, February 21

Mumblings

**UPDATE: Canada beat the Czech Republic 3-2 in Men's Olympic Hockey. *whew* Canada plays either Russia or Sweden in the next round, starting tomorrow.**

Strange days, indeed.

Our women won Gold in hockey (no surprise) but they didn't play the US in the final (major surprise).

The Men's team is an inexplicable 2-2 so far and they face a must-win against the Czechs. A loss to Finland I can fathom. But Switzerland??? That's like Sweden losing to Belaurus in 2002.

My Monday team is now 2-0 in the playoffs, having knocked off the 2nd place team last night 5-3 in a rather chippy affair. I'm still not sure how we did that.

The Psycho cat decided that Penny's head would be a great place to sleep last night. Not next to it, mind you, *on* it.

I fully expect to see birds flying backwards today and I won't be surprised in the least.

So what's weird with your day??

4 comments:

Dtrini said...

Actually, I don't think it is a must-win situation as the first four teams go through so they are into the quarter-finals regardless. I am almost inclined to say they should lose on purpose so that whomever they face first comes in over-confident or relaxes their guard. :)

As for the day, only time will tell but having received a call from of our fave clients already this morning, who knows. I do have an eBay item and a FTA receiver to pick up so let's see how it goes.

Penny said...

Thanks to the psychocat, my nose is SO plugged this morning that I can't breathe.

Stupid cat.

Dtrini said...

PS, have you ever tried testing to see how long it could hold it's breath under water?

Hey, just a scientific curiosity, nothing else. :)

something said...

heheheheh you canadians are like the Yankees of hockey. Now give me back Rick Nash and Foote and leave me the hell alone!!! No more NHL in the olympics. I miss my blue jackets!!!