Monday, February 20

Holy CRAP, it's COLD!

Man, I dunno who turned down the thermostat, but it is some kind of nasty out there.

I guess I shouldn't really bitch because its not like we're up to our asses in snow, but this Arctic blast is a real shocker. DW and I had some of the usual domestic running around to do but we were shivering all the way through it. Curses were sent out to rain down on the heads of the builders of our kitchen cabinets. We figured we could stay warm by doing some sorting of the cupboards and maybe finding some kind of solution to our landmine Tupperware cabinet. After measuring everything carefully, we were highly pissed to discover that there were absolutely no after-market inserts which would fit the 3 cabinets we wanted to sort out. We did, however, manage to restore order to the kitchen pantry (no small task, I assure you) and we'll do a bit more sorting out of the basement pantry. I have to add a couple of quick shelves inbetween the studs so we can put the jars of preserves up there and get them out of the way.

On the entertainment front, we watched Wallace & Grommit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Absolutely brilliant movie and funny as hell. As with any British-origin flick, there's lots of subtle humour and little lines and sight-gags thrown in there that not everyone will get the first time, particularly the kids. I was amazed that it was still done as a stop-motion film. The quality of animation was beyond incredible and it was smooth and flowing.

We also picked up a new xBox game for us, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. Once again, my wife totally kicks ass as a stealthy super agent.

Speaking of electronics, we snagged a new Video card for Penny's computer, and hopefully that will allow the Wondertwins to play some more games on it. They have a few which won't load nicely.

I managed to get a little more work done on a couple of models. I *think* I've managed to figure out the subtleties of stretching truck frames. I admit to a little disappointment at my experiment using Krylon. Some of the paint went on just fine, but other parts seem to have crackled. Not sure what caused that, but I'll get out the wet/dry sandpaper and see what I can do to repair it.

(Sorry I've been AWOL lately, gang.)

Technorati Tag:

1 comment:

Penny said...

You summed it up all so well... now what have I got to say?