Tuesday, February 28

RIP Sarah Martin

I got the sad news this afternoon that a good friend died rather unexpectedly. I believe she was only 34.

Sarah and I worked together for 2+ years at a major computer training centre. She became a good friend, a trusted ear, and someone who was a lot of fun to hang with and work with.

Time with Sarah was rarely without drama and she dealt with a lot of personal demons, but after we wound up leaving the company she seemed to find herself and commit to getting things together. She was facing a surgery last week and was looking to get past that challenge.

I don't have all the details about what happened in the surgery and afterwards, and I suppose they're irrelevant at this point. But in any case it was a life cut far too short. I regret that I lost track of her over the last 18 months and that this news was the first I'd had in all that time.

You'll be missed, Sarah...and damned near impossible to replace.

Ad luceum, ad astra per aspera, Sarah...amicus verus est rara avis.