Monday, August 15

Could'a, should'a

I should be working. I could be working.

But, I'm not.

I don't know if I feel guilty about this dilemma.

It's not like I didn't accomplish anything today. Honest! I had some good creative moments, and came up with some nice visual solutions to a couple of design problems. No small tasks, those.


I have my current pressing work deadlines (as some of the more faithful viewers will recall) but I find myself not wanting to do anything to meet them right at this moment.

It's such a paradox. I *know* it needs to get gone, but I *don't* want to do it. What does this make me? Lazy? Unmotivated?

Am I so inspired by the last-minute cram that I purposely try to sabotage myself? Interesting thought, that. I just came up with it. Maybe that's proof positive that I've spent too much time with psychotherapists. That's a blog for another time.

Tomorrow will be spent putting some "finishing" touches on the first cut of one of my deliverables. I have a review in the afternoon and I can get something like work done then.

6 comments:

D said...

I have days like that. There is so much to do at work and yet some days I am completely unmotivated.

Dirty Gypsy said...

Mossy - were we separated at birth??? I do the same damn thing. This particular summer at work has been the worst. I need to get back in the groove that I was in. I'm letting my attitude get in the way of my productivity anymore. It's not good.

Larry said...

Why wait? Start procratinating now!

That is not my motto. But, if cameras and batteries weren't so important, it would be.

Joe said...

I'm working on my twelfth unmotivated work day in a row. I'm guessing here, but twelve is just a nice number isn't it?

Mossy Stone said...

Digi, I figure you've earned a small recovery period from the exhausting catharsis of the FIB saga.

Penny said...

No, honey, this doesn't mean you have issues. It means you're human.

We all do it. Why do you think I never do laundry until someone's out of underwear??