Monday, August 29

This is what happens...

....when you forget your reading material at home. My work colleague, Big Guy, is on 3 days off, so instead of reading and generally letting my brain wander, I am left with few options. I can, a) blog via email, or b) listen to the silly dimwit legal assistants sitting by me on the train home. Needless to say, I'm blogging.

Am I really shallow by being glad I'm not in New Orleans right now? I couldn't imaging being told to evacuate and then being left with not much other than hope that my home would be there when I was allowed to return. Horrible stuff, that.

I've had some seriously disturbing dreams lately. I had them in San Fran, and I've had them since I returned. Wish I knew what kind of subconscious crack my brain has been on lately, because its some seriously nasty stuff. Has anyone ever wondered what monsters lurk under the surface??

What is it about Su Doku that I'm missing?

I really need sleep. Solid, uninterrupted sleep. Like, for about a week.

Is Heaven real, or just a myth to diminish our fear or dying?

(OMG I am so bored)

Has someone ever caught your eye for no reason whatsoever? Then, have you "always" seen that person, like, everywhere?

Ever looked at another blog and said, "Wow...I wish I could come up with stuff like that"?

Am I alone in my guilty pleasure of reading Star Trek novels? Does that make me lame?

I spend too much time mulling over shit like this

Secret du jour: A former trainer from the team I used to manage needs a reference. She's good at her job, but I don't know how to work into the reference that she can be a handful to manage. Leave that one with me.

How do I go about "bidding" to speak at next year's edition of the conference I attended without coming across as a self-serving suck-up?

I really don't want to get old.

Will I ever actually finish anything I start?

Why do people who consistently ride the same regularly-scheduled commuter train feel the need to make phone calls to the listener that they're "on the way home"? Are the people at the other end that incapable of using a timetable?

What happened to John Q. Public?

Are you bored yet?

I really want to go back to school. I'm happy when I'm learning stuff. Of course that goes back to my earlier question about "finishing" stuff.

Evolution was a very funny movie. Rent it.

Buddhists have it all figured out. Everything you "figure out" is one step closer to enlightenment. As a bonus, you get those totally kick-ass robes and the low-maintenance haircut.

All yours, gang. Have some fun with it

3 comments:

Larry said...

Nurse Tate: I'll get the lubricant...
Dr. Paulson: No time for lubricant!
Harry Block: There's ALWAYS time for lubricant!

Ira Kane: [after a tiny alien fly is pulled out of Harry's rectum] You should have seen the size of that thing you had inside you, it was like this!
[measures with his hands]
Ira Kane: You took it like a man.

Evolution is a great movie.

Heaven exists(I just hope to find it). It is a Saturday night Blues(insert favorite team here) game and a beautiful women to watch it with.

Penny said...

We've both had messed up dreams during the trip and since we've come home and I don't think either of us have truly managed to have one normal night's sleep since then. I think the lack of non-REM sleep is what's causing the fucked up dreams.

For me, So Doku is a challenge. The fun is in beating the stupid thing and completing it. Makes me feel like I've finished something.

As for the rest, you know where I am, baby. It's just you and I tonight, so we can turn off the TV and just chat about random shit for as long as you like.

Dtrini said...

I can address the one about calling home. A timetable only says to your loved ones when you SHOULD have been on your way home. In today's reality, it no longer guarantees that you actually made it to your destination. When the DW is leaving, she lets me know. If she is being held up in traffic longer than normal, she BB's me and if he is diverting from her normal path, I want to know that too. Likewise, I do the same for her and we ask the same of TC. I never want to be in the position of thinking someone is in danger when they are not, or not knowing that they need help when they are.