Sunday, July 10

Birthday Surprises

I got her! I really got her!

I've been sitting on this for quite a while, but I planned and pulled off a surprise B-Day party for DW on Saturday.

DW's friend, "Al", was my co-conspiritor and ever-helpful party planner.

The story of the overall deception plan is somewhat lengthy and convoluted, but suffice it to say I managed to get DW out of the house for a couple of hours so the guests and the food could arrive. DW was under the impression that the Wondertwins were arranging something for her and that I was sworn to secrecy, but she had to be GONE between 5-7 that evening. She wasn't excited about the prospect, but she agreed.

I was going to distract her with a movie, but since Fantastic 4 didn't grab her (and the reviews seem to consistently paint this as a real turkey) we opted for some time on a patio. It was a welcome respite from a day spent scraping paint from upper floor windows in the searing heat.

She did get a little antsy as the 90-minute mark, but we managed to keep the stall going as long as possible.

We got to the house and the kids came out an brought her inside. They told her to head right out to the back. But, as the passed the entrance to the dining room, the crowd let loose.

And she got GOT!! *big grin*

It really was an awesome time. There was food galore, much laughter, stories and good friendship all around.

The final words belong to dtrini,

BRILLIANT! That was a very enjoyable evening with an eclectic group of participants. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and hope to do it again soon.
I love it when a plan comes together...

4 comments:

Penny said...

Thank you, baby. Sorry I was such a pill about going out, but I was TIRED.

You're too good to me and I cannot WAIT for your 40th. I'm going to start planning in the very near future, so I've got 3 years in which to scheme...er...organize.

Mossy Stone said...

Neither one of us was expecting to spend the day on the 'Sahara' that was our roof.

Larry said...

Nice. Good job Mossy. Great to hear everyone had a good time and you managed to keep it under her radar.

duff said...

the a-team quote's a nice touch. :~)