Wednesday, July 6

Fashion statement du jour

I get to the subway station on my way to catch my train, see? And, like, there's this *guy*, you know, wearing the weirdest combination I have ever seen.

Black, square toed wellies
Black socks
Charcoal grey dress shorts
Wife-beater shirt with something printed on it
Grey glen check vest from a 3-pc suit
Black Snap-brim hat
Narrow, rectangular glasses

To top it all off, this guy is hairy. And I mean REALLY hairy. Like, fur on the upper arms and back hairy. Shaggy, unkempt black beard but with a nearly-invisible moustache, and black hair.

I've never seen anything like it in my life.

Biff willing, I never will again.

7 comments:

Larry said...

Hey, aren't all canadian men "REALLY hairy. Like, fur on the upper arms and back hairy. Shaggy, unkempt.."? I mean, I thought it was evolution, you know, to deal with the cold.

Hehehehehehe.

Penny said...

Actually, since "mungie-cake Canadians" (such as Mossy 'n me) are generally from British/Irish/Scottish stock, we tend to be rather hairless.

Makes the whole "south american" thing a lot easier for me. :oP

Mossy Stone said...

Visualize that one for a while, Larry ;-)

*watches Larry spontaneously combust*

Dtrini said...

It was probably just Robin Williams up here doing a movie or trying to blend in while shopping.

Larry said...

AHHHHHHHHH! IT BURNS! IT BURNS!

Stephen said...

Dime a dozen where I live, but still unpalatable.

Penny said...

As Mossy said to me last night, makes you want to ask the guy, "Dude, did your clothes attack you this morning??"