Wednesday, July 13

Is it a winning streak when its only 2 games?

Shocking everyone (including us) the Predators actually ceased to be fodder for the division and we pulled off a really kick-ass win last night.

Yeah, I know, people tell me that there's more to life than hockey, but the 4 or 5 of you who actually read this blog know that it hasn't been a fun summer season and the win is definitely a reason to celebrate.

If the truth be told, I feel better about this win because it was a really close game all the way to the final buzzer. Final score was 4-3. The other guys even pulled their goalie with a little over a minute left to play the extra attacker. The last two games we played against this team, the score was so lopsided in their favour by the middle of the second period that they let up on us and didn't keep running up the score. Sportsmanlike, for sure. Embarassing, definitely.

So I was a happy camper when I got home. I know that 2-7-0 is not exactly a record to be proud of, but I feel better about getting those two wins than about almost any other victory I've had since I started playing.

Sometimes it really is the little victories that count.

6 comments:

Kal said...

Congrats! I suffered through a 1-9 Freshman Football season in which we scored six points all season (the one game we won). Teams would regularly beat us 42-0.

During one particularly putrid game the coach told us we were going to do a 50 yard sprint for each point we lost by. We lost by 56. I don't know how many sprints we did, but he stopped after everyone had thrown up.

Enjoys your wins.

Mossy Stone said...

Thank Biff for self-coached teams. We all have to get up for work the next morning.

Dtrini said...

Anything over 1 win in a row is a streak. Enjoy it until the next time your defence allows you to suffer from rubber poisioning. ;-)

Dirty Gypsy said...

Kick ass! I'll have to find some Canadian beer and drink one in your honor tonight. Actually, I'll have TWO. One for each win, of course.

Larry said...

2 is definitely a streak. Did you remember your cup this time?

Mossy Stone said...

Larry: I sure did. I wanted to make sure I could better savour the post-game celebrations at home. :P