Tuesday, July 19

Happy Anniversary!

I know it's a strange one to celebrate, but as of today, I have been with my current employer for one year.

Only one year, you say? Why is that so important?

Having gone through a little career upheaval prior to my arrival at the Moderately Intelligent employer, an anniversary wasn't even in the cards anywhere. I was in Monthiversary mode. My last full-time employer (since 1998) decided to right-size me (and 30 other staff) in mid-2002, so I hadn't had a first year work anniversary since mid-1999. Needless to say, this sort of thing is important to me because it speaks to a relative stability in my career, when compared to my constracting and consulting work that did its best to fill the void.

I'm trying not to get too lost in the "what have I accomplished at work" mode, because I'm way too freakin' busy today worrying about upcoming deadlines.

Am I loving it? Was it the right call to come to work here?

You bet your booty. *grin*

I'm celebrating it in a corporately appropriate manner: Working from home.

4 comments:

Penny said...

I can't tell you how happy I am that you now know you made the right decision. I remember the hemming and hawing last year, when your former employer was trying to keep you with their company.

I remember thinking that if you didn't take the new job, I was going to have to kick your ass really, really hard. (I think that came across to you, too, didn't it hunny?).

I guess I could say that indirectly the only good thing that came out of MY job with MY former psycho employer was that I had the time to surf Monster.ca and find the job posting to send to you.

Things happen for a reason.

Congrats, hunny, and I'm so glad you're still happy!!

Dirty Gypsy said...

Congratulations, Mossy! Once again, I will raise a Canadian beer in your honor.

You know, if you keep accomplishing things like this, my liver's going to suffer...knock it off!

Heh. :)

Larry said...

Um, Steph, I was out with you tonight and I don't recall you raising a Canadian beverage.

Happy anniversary, Mossy.

Penny, you still get on Monster? Cuz, I am going to have to hit the job search here, pretty soon.

D said...

I think the longest i lasted with a single employer was 18 months. (I don't count military time) So, def. congrats to you! *lights up candles on cake*