Friday, July 29

Thoughts for a Friday

It seems a little odd to be back in this space again, not that I'm sad that I'm back...

Blogging and journaling have always been very therapeutic for me, but there are times when it's really easy to just lose yourself in reading and commenting and going back and forth.

So, I forced myself to stay away for a little while. Work was becoming a real killer with some nasty deadlines and a scary amount of work to do. I can usually leave work at the office, but there are times when I have to schlep the laptop home and take away from "my" time to get work stuff done. It's not quite how I prefer to spend my time, but unfortunately, it's necessary....but at least its not constant.

And here I am, sitting at home. Chatting with Larry on MSN, and catching up with another buddy in Ottawa (also via MSN) while DW is out with a girlfriend for a few hours.

Life, generally, is good. I'll put some work hours in this weekend and try to get caught up. I'll also do my damnedest to get rid of this annoying bronchial hack that's been plaguing me for the last 2 weeks.

We're off to San Fran in about 4 weeks. Really hoping to see some of our blog friends from the area when we get down there. I am also REALLY looking forward to the break from work. Yeah, I still have a monster deliverable in early Sept, but at that point I might not care so much. *grin*

Watch for some other catch-up news and mindless Memes....

Who knows. There might even be an audioblog in the future.

5 comments:

Larry said...

I thought you said you were coming back with a vengeance. But hey, we would expect nothing less from a Canadian. We know what Canadian "vengeance" is like. :P

Mossy Stone said...

Hey, just remember: We exacted a little vengeance when we burned down the White House in 1812. Keep this up and we might just hafta try it again. *grin*

(Now waiting for the RCMP to pick me up...)

We save true vengeance for worthy causes.

Dirty Gypsy said...

Sorry to hear that work's been so tough. Glad to have you back, though. :)

Danikabur said...

Of course.. us Canadians are harmless. We don't even know what vengeance is.. nope we are so not violent. We would never ever hurt anyone....

Please keep believing that... it means our plan is working. ;)

Can't wait for the audio blog Mossy!!!

Dtrini said...

Keychain, don't forget my keychain (and/or baseball cap). :) Ok, AND, not or.