Friday, January 27

Anniversaries of Note...

All over Austria and across the music world, people are celebrating the 250th anniversary of the birth of Wolfang Amadeus Mozart. They sure don't write music like that anymore. If I actually owned a copy of Amadeus (and I'm really surprised that I don't) I'd be watching it tonight.

On a sadder note, it's also the 29th anniversary of the Apollo 1 fire which killed Ed White, Roger Chaffee and Gus Grissom.

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA
(A ROUGH ROAD LEADS TO THE STARS)

1 comment:

Gila Pyke said...

I can loan my DVD to you... I don't need to play it anymore to watch it in my head... You can watch it tomorrow and extend the celebrations.

Mozart is my single favourite musician of all time. All my punk/ska/metal/rock influences come after, but while I may sometimes not be in the mood to hear the Squirrel Nut ZIppers, I will ALWAYS sit down and melt into Mozart's Requiem, or the Queen of the night's aria.

As a matter of fact, I have an excellent DVD performancce of the Magic Flute if you'd like to borrow it. Know that one off by heart too. :)