Sunday, January 1

Happy 2006!

Hello and Happy New Year to all!

DW and I are having a rather relaxed start to the year after seeing '05 off in good fashion. Dtrini, Bonnie, Big Guy from work and his wife were over at the Stone/Shagwell residence for a fun evening. Much food was consumed and a lively game of Balderdash was had. DW and I finally got to bed around 3:30 after cleaning up in the kitchen. Unfortunately for her, she's been dealing with a very sore neck and upper back, so she drugged herself into unconsciousness with a suitable painkiller and we crashed for the night.

I was up a couple of times but finally was awake around 10. DW was still fast asleep and since I was loathe to wake her, I settled in with a book and enjoyed the time to relax. DW finally stirred, rolled over and asked what time it was. I gazed at the alarm clock.

"Oh, its about five to twelve."

DW: *pause* It is NOT...

Me: yes, its 11:54.

DW: *groan* oh my GOD....I thought it was around 8:30 and I was about to kill you for being up so early.

Nothing quite like a near-noon sleep in to start the New Year off right.

So here we sit in our jammies, noshing on the leftovers from last night and watching 'The Fellowship of The Ring' and just relaxing until The Wondertwins come home sometime this afternoon.

Its a brief solitude, but we'll take it.

May your New Year start just as well.

7 comments:

D said...

okay, now here's an important question....are the jammies footie or non-footie pjs?

Penny said...

Non-footie, but they probably should be footie, cuz my feeties are always cold.

Danikabur said...

Happy New Year! Glad you got a little PJ time to start the New Year!

D said...

"boy-type people" ha.....that's something I would say!!!! so mossy, what's it like being a boy-type person?

Mossy Stone said...

So far, so good. At least I have the necessary parts.

Callie said...

So Penny tells us!

*evil grin*

And I cut the footies out of my PJs. I always have hot feet. Hubby calls me his own personal furnace.

Then again - we live in California. So really - how cold can it get??? LOL

Penny said...

Hey YOU...

Yeah, you! With the cute butt and the goatee that tickles...

BLOG, DAMN IT!!!!

And if you think you're gonna give me lip, well.... you can, just I get to tell you where to put it! :oP