Thursday, January 5

...but what to Blog?

Sometimes there's a lot to say and no good way to start, other times you're staring at a blank posting form wondering whether or not you should even add something.

However, I think I need to pay tribute to today's idiot. I heard this little gem from the radio as I was driving to the train this morning.

It does indeed make you wonder what your kids might have stashed in their bedrooms. Freakin' disturbing, if you ask me.

Having said all that, I am NOT making a call for "gun control". Better policing, better customs investigations....that works better than an knee-jerk reaction I've seen. Although I think the parent in question might be wondering whether or not she could have done something different.

Not judging...just speculating.

Kudos to her for taking the right step and going to the police right away.

4 comments:

Mossy Stone said...

I agree that Cadets or (eventually) TA is the best place to do something like that. (speaking as a long-time reservist)

Firearms are definitely not part of the modern UK culture, but we get a lot of bleed-over from our next-door neighbours.

Callie said...

*whistles innocently*

D said...

I'm staying out of gun talk.

Mossy Stone said...

I'm not turning this into a treatise on firearms one way or the other. It's just got to be such a shocker to walk into a kids' bedroom and see an assault rifle on the bed.