Tuesday, January 24

Random thoughts at 1AM

So Canada took a big shift to the right with the election results. Personally, I tend to lean a bit that way, but Stephen Harper scares the hell out of me.

Quite the reversal of fortune with the hockey game tonight. We posted an 8-1 win. I feel better.

I'm almost finished Short Story #2. Penny has been helping me with the edits. She's a far more talented writer than I am and very adept and finding the shortcomings in my prose. I'm wondering what I should do if I get a number of them going??

This beer I just finished tasted like another one. Dunno if I should.

1:08. Still not tired.

I will *not* have another snack. Even though my choice accompanied the beer quite nicely.

Tuesday will be another late night as Penny and I are off to the Bon Jovi concert. I'm pretty excited, but Penny and her friend 'Al' are beside themselves with giddiness. Me, I'm hoping for a rocking show. I think Penny and 'Al' are hoping to get onstage or backstage. ;-)

There is still window trim to be sanded and painted. I think that's Wednesday's task.

Thanks to Miz Cricket, I have SuDoku on my blackberry. It rocks. Besides, I had to do something to deal with my Spider Solitaire addiction.

I'm not tired yet, but I'll wrap this one up.

(Hey Kal, your fly is open.)

5 comments:

Kal said...

Wha? Huh.. Oh my gosh! Sorry... (gotta stop going to that other site before I come here...)

Mossy Stone said...

The Conservatives lean about as far to the right as the Republicans do, so there is a lot of common philisophical ground. This is why Reagan and Mulroney got along so famously.

Regardless of who is in power, I agree that Canada-US relations are in need of repair. Many a misunderstanding has been had on both sides of the border.

Mossy Stone said...

yeah....much too simple. ;-)

Penny said...

Kal... I hope you weren't at my site before coming here?? :oP

The editing to which Mossy was referring wasn't so much grammatical as thematic. Soemtimes it's hard to translate what you see in your head onto paper so that others will see what you see.

I took a creative writing class once and the teacher kept saying, "Don't TELL the readers things, describe them and let them figure it out for themselves."

It's one of the hardest things to learn to do and I still struggle with it when I write (ed. note: I haven't written in years now).

So, I read it and tell him where he's losing me and/or needs a bit more detail, and he doesn't yell at me for doing it. It's a good relationship. :)

The story is excellent, though!

Gila Pyke said...

please please please please can I have sudoku on my blackberry too? Where did you get it?!?!