Sunday, January 8

Basement Updates

For those of you in the studio audience who were anxiously awaiting news on the state of the basement work, I can provide the following update:

a) Ducting was capped, re-routed, removed, taped, fixed over the Christmas break. (pictures to follow
b) More plastering and taping was performed today with amazing deftness by DW.
c) The wall by the Breaker panel had its remaining studs put in, and the wall by the water main was completely installed this evening by yours truly.

Of course, this work did involve one trip to Home Despot to grab a few things (steel stud track, end/edge trim, corner beading and a few non-basement items. Purchase of the week was a laser level, complete with tripod, from Canadian Tire. Saved my bacon on the wall by the water main and will be an absolute godsend when we finally get to the drop-ceiling.

We're both insufferably pleased with ourselves for today's work.

Keep smilin'!

5 comments:

Penny said...

I hate plastering. I'd much rather BE plastered. I think I have more plaster on my pants and my t-shirt than I got on the wall.

Have I mentioned I hate plastering?

Callie said...

Ooooh! I love Home Depot.

And I love being plastered.

That would explain the 4 empty bottles of wine and the one empty bottle of whiskey, and my inability to type worth a damn right now. Thank goodness for the backspace button.

Hope you guys had as good a weekend as I did.!

xoxo

Callie said...

ps -

have i mentioned my hate for word verification? My last one: xhjmijih.

you type that when you're lit.

this time much easier: rauuue.

woot.

Penny said...

LMAO Callie!

Gila Pyke said...

Remind me to read your blog BEFORe I wander over to say goodmorninghowwasyourweekend?

Saves on all the repetition... ;)